iPhone screen replacement in Kolkata, well, do you have a cracked iPhone screen? Touch is not working? Glitchy OLED display? Use this guide to restore your iPhone to working order with a new OLED screen and digitizer. Well, we strongly suggest if you are not professional then do not try to replace the iPhone screen at home, contact professionals near you and for iPhone screen replacement in Kolkata feel free to contact us at The Repair Shop.
Reasons For iPhone Screen Damage
iPhone is a very delicate piece of equipment, yeah it is the rule of this planet, higher the price lower the durability. Ok enough jokes there could be many reason for your iPhone screen to get damaged, it could be water damaged, a cracked screen or maybe the screen got shot due to bad earthing while you were charging the phone.
However these issues can be fixed by just replacing the screen
How To Do iPhone Screen Replacement?
Here are the steps for how you can replace iphone screen if it is broken or having any issue above mentioned.
- Power off your iPhone before any sort of disassembly.
- Remove the 6.9 mm pentalobe screws at the bottom edge of your iPhone.
- If you are using the iPhone which is waterproof then be very careful because once you remove the screen the waterproof seal will also be removed for that keep replacement seals ready.
- Use tape on the cracked screen before removing to prevent further breakage and body damage.
- Heat the lower edge of the screen by using an hair dryer to soften up the adhesive underneath.
- Use a screen opener and slowly remove the screen by applying little pressure.
- Now after loosing the screen adhesive a little use a suction handle apply it to the bottom edge of the phone, while avoiding the curved portion of the glass.
Next Steps for screen replacement
- Pull up on the suction cup with firm, constant pressure to create a slight gap between the front panel and rear case.
- Insert an opening pick into the gap. Slide the opening pick around the lower left corner and up the left edge of the iPhone, slicing through the adhesive holding the display in place. Don’t insert the opening pick too far into the iPhone, or you may cause damage to internal components.
- Slide the opening pick around the top corner of the display, while gently pulling or wiggling the display down in the direction of the Lightning port. Slide the pick to the opposite corner and cut any remaining adhesive securing the screen.
- Pull on the small nub on the suction cup to remove it from the front panel.
iPhone Screen Replacement more steps
- Open the iPhone by swinging the Screen up from the left side, like the back cover of a book.
- Remove five Y000 screws securing the logic board connector bracket. Throughout this repair, keep track of each screw and make sure it goes back exactly where it came from to avoid further damaging your iPhone.
- We will remove the bracket. iPhone bracket may be lightly adhered in place. Lift gently but firmly to separate it.
- Use the point of a spudger to pry the battery connector up from its socket on the logic board. Try not to damage the black silicone seal surrounding this and other board connections. These seals provide extra protection against water and dust intrusion. Bend the connector slightly away from the logic board to prevent it from accidentally making contact with the socket and providing power to the phone during your repair.
- Use the point of a spudger to disconnect the OLED panel cable connector.
Final few steps
- Use the point of a spudger to pry the digitizer cable connector up from its socket. Then front panel sensor assembly flex cable is lightly adhered in place. Carefully lift the cable until the adhesive separates.
- Remove the display assembly.
- Replace the Touch ID, Remove the four screws securing the bracket over the home/Touch ID sensor. Remove the bracket which secures the home/Touch ID sensor. Pry under the left edge of the home button cable connector to disconnect it from its socket. Use an opening pick to gently separate the adhesive holding the home/Touch ID sensor cable to the back side of the display panel, remove the home/Touch ID sensor assembly while iPhone. Remove the camera module.
This is how you can change the iPhone screen just reverse this process and you will be able to change the screen on your own.
What Are The iPhones We work on?
We work on all the apple iPhones the models we specialize in are –
iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max